Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Great Tomato Massacre!

My tomato plants have been doing so well.  They are about to outgrow their first home. So, I decided it was time to let them graduate from their preschool pot to the big boy garden.
 

I would have preferred to build another little lady garden bed, but I am still working with limited resources.  So, I worked with what I had - the ground.  First, I dug some holes. 

 
Then, I put some potting soil into the holes hoping that it will give the tomato babies a more gentle start.
 
 
Finally, I put the tomato babies in the ground and backfilled with potting soil.  They were not at all happy.  Before I could even get them all in the ground they had started to wilt, each and every one of them. 
 
Massacred baby #1.
 
 
Massacred baby #2.
 
 
Massacred baby #3.
 
 
Massacred baby #4.
 
 
I killed them!!  I am so sad that I don't know what to do.  I am secretly hoping that this is some kind of temper tantrum and that the tomato babies will rebound in the next 24 to 48 hours.  Think good thoughts for the tomato babies.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment