Monday, June 10, 2013

Extraordinary!!

Extraordinary really isn't the right word.  Probably the right word is ordinary.  I am sure that there are gardeners and farmers all over the world who find what is happening in my backyard very commonplace and unremarkable.  Nevertheless, I am thrilled to announce . . . wait for it . . . the seeds have sprouted!!  I guess what I find truly extraordinary is that the seeds have sprouted for me.  Look at the tomatoes!  (Yes, I know that I "hypocritically" planted them in a plastic tub and I have said that I hate plastic because I am concerned about toxins leaching into my plants/food.  However, the plastic tub is what I had and I have decided to just use what I have for the moment and work on eliminating all toxins as I go.  Otherwise, I would be waiting for perfection - which doesn't exist - and I would never get started.   Unfortunately, this is a common theme in my life, but that is an entirely different blog post.) 

I have tomatoes!

 
I have jalapeno peppers!
 


I even have several things growing in the little lady garden bed. 


Unfortunately, I didn't mark what I planted where and I have know idea which is what.  So, I have . . .

Mystery Plant #1.


Mystery Plant #2.


Mystery Plant #3.


I do know that I have carrots because this is the only thing that I planted in a row and these little sprouts (although they are barely visible) are definitely growing in a row. 


What is that feeling that I am experiencing?  Could it be joy?  Yep, I feel joyful!

2 comments:

  1. I have been gardening for years and still am thrilled when the seeds sprout! I also have mystery plants this year because even though I labeled them in my tray, I arrived home from work to find the labels ripped out, the pots upside down, and the little plants still clinging to life. I managed to salvage several of the plants, but now I have no idea what survived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to know that the wonder of it all will continue in the years to come. I am sorry to hear about your little plants. (It sounds like you have a dog.) It looks like we will both be in for some surprises come harvest time.

    ReplyDelete