Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lavender

Ever since I spent a year in Aix-en-Provence, France, I have loved the smell of lavender.  Plus, it's pretty.  So, I have decided to try my hand at lavender.  I couldn't find any lavender plants, but I did find some seeds.  I read that when lavender is started from seed, it does better when it is sowed inside and then transferred as small plants into the ground.  (I am so having tomato plant flashbacks right now.) 

First, I gathered my supplies:

Lavender Seeds

Old Egg Carton

Then I filled the egg carton with potting soil.


I poured out some seeds to plant.  Lavender seeds are so little.


Next, I planted the seeds in the soil.  (They are the little brown things in the center that look like all the other little brown things in the picture.  I am really going to have to work on photography skills.)


Finally, I added a little water.  Now they are all ready for the wonderful Tennessee sun. 


They can take from 4 to 6 weeks to germinate so I will really be using my lifeskill of patience on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment