Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oops!

Since there has been a little break from the rain today, I decided to dig my compost pit.  It was going really well. I was digging away, working hard. I had even hit that point where your body sends out endorphins, nature's opiates, so that you don't notice how strenuous the work you are doing is. Then, "Oops!"  I cut a wire with my shovel.  I don't know what kind of wire it is.  Phone and cable are still working at home and at the neighbors.  At least I didn't hit a gas line. 


I decided to just keep digging around the wire.  I'll call whomever to fix it when I find out what it is for.  Then I ran into snag #2.  I ran out of places to put the dirt around the pit.  I don't have a wheelbarrow so I started loading dirt into an old trashcan so that I could haul the dirt to another part of the yard.  However, when I went to drag the trashcan, I couldn't.  I am not strong enough.  Even my endorphins can't make me stronger.  Game called on account of weakness.  I'll just have to wait until the teenager comes home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment